From Burnout to Liberation: A Mom's Path to Well-Being
Melissa Rohlfs, CEO of Free 2 B Coaching, delves into the profound connection between leadership, motherhood, and personal well-being. Melissa's journey as a leader and a mother highlights the common struggles of balancing these roles while dealing with stress, childhood trauma, and inner turmoil. Her transformation is an inspiring testament to the power of healing, introspection, and recognizing that leadership isn't limited to corporate titles. Melissa gives valuable insights on how addressing the root causes of stress and self-doubt can lead to more effective leadership and a happier, healthier life.
Why Leaders Should Listen
Through this podcast, Melissa delivers valuable insights into how addressing the root causes of stress and self-doubt can not only make us more effective leaders but also lead to a happier and healthier life. If you've ever felt the tension between your leadership responsibilities and the demands of motherhood, or if you're simply seeking a more holistic approach to leadership, this podcast is a must-listen. Melissa's journey is bound to inspire you to embark on your path to self-discovery and leadership transformation. Don't miss out on this enlightening and transformative conversation.
3 Powerful Leadership Lessons:
- Leadership extends beyond the workplace: Melissa's journey illustrates that motherhood is a form of leadership in itself. Acknowledging this fact helps parents navigate the challenges of balancing leadership roles at home and work.
- Healing is a vital part of leadership: Personal healing is essential for effective leadership. Addressing unresolved trauma and emotional well-being can lead to better decision-making, communication, and overall leadership capabilities.
- Address the root cause of challenges: Instead of seeking quick fixes or external solutions, leaders should focus on understanding and addressing the root causes of their struggles. This approach leads to lasting, positive change and personal growth.
3 Impactful Quotes:
- "The body keeps score. The body remembers. Our beliefs affect our thoughts, which affects our actions. If you don't address the root, your thoughts and actions won't change." - Melissa Rohlfs emphasizes the importance of understanding the deep-rooted causes of stress, trauma, and their impact on leadership and well-being.
- "Your life isn't going to change until you address the root cause because that's where the freedom takes place." - Melissa Rohlfs emphasizes that true transformation and joy come from addressing the underlying issues that affect how one shows up in life and leadership.
- "I've learned that true freedom comes from healing and transforming from within. It's not about just losing weight or looking a certain way, but about addressing the root causes of stress, anxiety, and trauma that hold us back." - Melissa Rohlfs emphasizes that genuine freedom isn't solely about physical changes like losing weight or conforming to societal beauty standards. It's about the inner journey of addressing the emotional and psychological barriers, such as stress, anxiety, and trauma, which often hinder personal growth and well-being.
Connect with Melissa Rohlfs:
Links and References:
Connect with Jenny:
- Interested in being a guest on The Room: Where Leaders Talk or to share a comment, please contact us at [email protected]
About Jenny DuFresne, The Room Host:
Jenny DuFresne is the CEO, Leaders Transform, a business growth training firm. The Leaders Transform team helps CEOs and leaders mitigate the risks to revenue, reputation, and productivity. People are the soul of every company. Leaders Transform’s 6 Levers of Culture, Trust, Communication, Engagement, Values, and Alignment build great teams, reduce employee turnover, and build vibrant company culture. Since 2013, the firm has served more than 3,500 business leaders and teams around the globe.
Jenny is a Veteran with 10-years of service in the United States Marine Corps. She is the international bestselling author of From Empty to Overflow: 5 Radical Actions for Women Leaders, a leadership guide for women leaders to lead harmonious lives. She holds degrees from Harvard University and George Mason University.
See you next week in The Room.